Visual LISP gives you almost unlimited access to symbols, values, and functions at any stage of program execution.
NoteThe Visual LISP IDE is available on Windows only.
The Visual LISP data inspection tools are implemented as modeless windows (except for the Symbol Service dialog box), meaning
they stay on the screen as long as you need them, no matter what your program does.
- Watch window - Displays the current value of any set of variables.
- Trace Stack window - Displays the most current call hierarchy. At any level of the stack you can view the corresponding code, the calling code,
the local variables, and more.
- Symbol Service dialog box - Displays the current value of a symbol as well as its current flags. You can modify both the value and the flags from here.
- Inspect windows - Displays an AutoLISP object (from a string to an AutoCAD block definition) to any level of detail needed.
- Frame Binding windows - Displays the value of all local variables for their particular stack frame (that is, the specific function invocation in
the call sequence).