Creating Roofs Using the
Roof by Face Tool
- Click Massing &
Site tabConceptual Mass panelModel by Face drop-downRoof.
In the Type Selector, select a roof type.
- If desired, on the Options Bar, specify
the level of the roof.
For more information on roofs, see
- To select more than one face, on the
Options Bar, click Select Multiple. Otherwise, clear this option.
- Move the cursor to highlight a face that
you want to turn into a roof.
- Click to select the face.
A roof is placed on the
face immediately if the Select Multiple option is cleared.
- If you clicked Select Multiple, do the
TipYou can change the
pick face location of the roof (either top or bottom) by modifying
the roof’s Picked Faces Location property in the Instance Properties
Roofs created using the
Roof by Face tool do not automatically update if you change the
mass face. To update the roof, use the Update to Face tool. See
Updating Face-Based Host Shapes.