can print construction documents to PDF (Portable Document Format).
The resulting PDF files can easily be shared with other team members,
viewed online, or printed. When printing multiple views and sheets
to PDF, you can specify whether each view or sheet is saved in a
separate PDF file, or one PDF file contains all selected views and
can also export construction documents to DWF. DWF files are smaller
in size than PDF files, and they can be easily shared with colleagues
for online review. See
Exporting to Design Web Format
To print to PDF
- Click Print.
- In the Print dialog, for Name, select
your PDF print driver.
If the list does not include a PDF print driver,
talk to your system administrator about installing one on your system.
Changing Your System’s PDF Print Settings.
- Click Properties.
- On the Properties dialog, define settings
for the PDF print driver as desired.
- To print only the sheet or view in the
drawing area, do the following:
- Under Print Range, select Current Window
to print the entire view or sheet that currently displays in the
drawing area, or select Visible Portion of Current Window to print
the part of the view or sheet that currently displays in the drawing
- Under File, for Name, specify the name
and location of the resulting PDF file. If needed, click Browse
and navigate to the target folder.
- To print multiple views and sheets, do
- Under Print Range, select Selected Views/Sheets.
- Click Select.
- In the View/Sheet Set dialog, select
the views and sheets to print to PDF, and click OK.
- Under File, to generate a single PDF
file that contains all of the selected views and sheets, select
Combine Multiple Selected Views/Sheets into a Single File. To generate
one PDF file for each selected view and sheet, select Create Separate
- For Name, specify the name and location
of the resulting PDF file. If needed, click Browse and navigate
to the target folder.
If you are generating multiple PDF files, the
specified file name is used as a prefix. It is appended with the
names of the selected views and sheets.
- If you are printing multiple pages and
you want them to print in reverse order, under Options, select Reverse
- To change print settings, under Settings,
- When you are ready to print, click OK.
- Some PDF print drivers may display another
dialog requesting a location and name for the PDF file. Provide
the information requested and click OK.