Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014
This readme contains the latest information for Autodesk®
AutoCAD® Plant 3D 2014.
It is strongly recommended that
you read this entire document before you install this product.
This section applies only to Subscription features. For more information, see Autodesk Subscription Center.
If you attempt to create a BOM annotation from a project that was created before Extension 1 was installed, you may get a message: Project has no BOM annotations defined. To set up an Ortho BOM annotation see To create an Ortho BOM annotation (Project Setup) in product help.
If you install Extension 1 with a Windows login that is different from the Windows login that was used to install AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014, your user profile (which includes the default project) may not be setup correctly. To fix this problem, remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D017:409 from the registry. To avoid this problem, install Extension 1 with the same Windows login that you install AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 with.
If you uninstall Extension 1 the uninstall can be slow and appear unresponsive. Uninstallation can take about an hour to complete. This issue occurs on Windows 7 if installation source files are not available.
If you have both AutoCAD P&ID 2014 and AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 installed side-by-side on the same computer, in the program folder PnP3dPartsRepository.dll is not updated when you install Extension 1.
To work around this problem, you can copy the file from an Extension 1 installation that does not have AutoCAD P&ID 2014 installed. Doing this replaces file version 22.214.171.124 (older) with 126.96.36.1994 (newer).
If you attempt to create an Ortho BOM in a metric project that was created before Extension 1 was installed, you may get a message: Failed to load configuration....
To work around this problem copy OrthoBOMConfigMetric.xml from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\PLNT3D\en-US\OrthoProjectTemplates\Imperial\Default to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\PLNT3D\en-US\OrthoProjectTemplates\Metric\Default.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 projects work with Autodesk Vault Server 2013 and Autodesk Vault Server 2014. Autodesk Vault Client is not required. If you do install Autodesk Vault Client, only Autodesk Vault Client 2013 is supported.
updated - APR24
If Autodesk Vault Client 2014 is installed and you create or migrate a project you will get a message: The Vault server reported an error: Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.Folder cannot be cast...
To work around this problem you can uninstall Autodesk Vault Client 2014.
Migrating AutoCAD Solids
- This issue applies if you are migrating from AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 without Service Pack 1 applied.
This issue does not apply when migrating from AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Extension 1.
In rare situations AutoCAD ACIS solids disappear during migration. If this issue occurs contact product support for assistance.
- If you download and install offline help with a Windows login (username) that is different from the login to install AutoCAD Plant 3D, the workspace may not load correctly
(icons can be missing, and the tool palette does not initialize) if you install help before loading AutoCAD Plant 3D the first time.
To fix this problem, remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D017:409 from the registry.
To avoid this problem, install offline help with the same Windows login that you install AutoCAD Plant 3D with.
- Spring hangers are displayed below piping instead of above. Changing the SKEY from
SPRG to HANG in the catalog editor fixes this issue.
- Spool ISOs can unexpectedly break to contain only a single component. To work around
this problem, select Use spool number from model in Iso Style Setup and assign
a spool number to the line in the 3D model.
- When a Weight column is added to the title block table in project setup, the BOM
in the iso displays an incorrect value for the pipe weight.
- The sample project is missing the Orthocube Library folder. If the folder does not exist, you cannot save an Orthocube that contains a jog. To fix this problem, in the sample project Orthos folder, create an empty folder called Orthocube Library.
- If a component flange thickness is modified and updated in the model with plantspecupdatecheck,
bolt set lengths are not recalculated.
- In a multi-user environment, if you update a drawing with changes made to a spec
(for example: using plantspecupdatecheck), other users may not see the spec update
immediately. Other users can close and reload the project to see the update.
AutoCAD Feature Limitations and Notes
Copyright ©2013 Autodesk, Inc.