This readme contains the latest information for AutoCAD® Plant 3D 2013.
For reference, save or print this document. It is strongly recommended that you
read this entire document before you install this product.
This section applies to Autodesk® Subscription customers who have downloaded AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Extension 1 from
Autodesk Subscription Center. The following are known feature limitations in the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Extension 1 release:
Plant 3D 2013 Readme
The following are known feature limitations in the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 release:
- AutoCAD Plant 3D restricts access to the vault using role-based security, which is set in the Autodesk Data Management Server Console.
Using Autodesk Vault client to set object level security (Security Override) can result in unpredictable behavior.
- When working with a vault project, all AutoCAD Plant 3D project files are copied to a local workspace folder.
AutoCAD Plant 3D synchronizes project files in the local folder, and restricts project files to the local workspace folder.
External references (xrefs) outside the local workspace folder are not managed.
If you make extensive use of external references to coordinate project drawings, please contact your Autodesk representative or Autodesk reseller for more details.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Extension 1 help is available online only.
- The routingOffset option of plantpipeadd does not respond at the Specify
start point prompt. To work around this problem you can specify the routing
offset at the Specify next point prompt.
- If plantroutebend is enabled and you use plantconvertlinetopipe to
create pipe, bends larger than 90 degrees are created in two segments.
- Pipe bends require pipe with a PL (plain) end type by default. You can set plantbendenableallpipetypes
to enable bends for all types.
- If a project is migrated to AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 from AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 pipe
bends and reinforcement pads do not use the correct symbol in the isometric drawing. To fix this problem,
you can backup IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml and IsoSymbolStyles.dwg in the migrated
project and copy new files from the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 default project.
- Spring hangers are displayed below piping instead of above. Changing the SKEY from
SPRG to HANG in the catalog editor fixes this issue.
- If you use plantcustomparts to create an inline instrument, the default SKEY
IIFL displays a missing symbol placeholder in the Isometric drawing. You can
IIBW to II?? in IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml to correct this problem.
- The default SKEY for Tee, Side Outlet is not correct. To fix this proglem, you can change
the SKEY from CYFL to CRFL in the catalog editor.
- Field welds may be included in string type dimensions even if the String Type column
is clear in the Isometric DWG Settings Dimensions dialog box. The Miscellaneous
Fittings setting is incorrectly affecting Fields welds. To work around this problem,
clear both the Miscellaneous Fittings column and the Field Weld column in project
- Small angle differences can cause a 2D skew to incorrectly display as a 3D skew.
To correct this problem, you can change the default NonSkewAngleTolerance of 1.5
degrees to a smaller value (for example: NonSkewAngleTolerance="0.5") in isoconfig.xml.
- Precision settings in the BOM can cause pipe makeup lengths to increase, especially
in metric projects. You can change Precision="Precision2" to Precision="Precision3"
for the style Name="MetricPipeLengthAlt" in isoconfig.xml. The
default precision will change from 100mm (Precision2) to 10mm (Precision3).
- Spool ISOs can unexpectedly break to contain only a single component. To work around
this problem, select Use spool number from model in Iso Style Setup and assign
a spool number to the line in the 3D model.
- When a Weight column is added to the title block table in project setup, the BOM
in the iso displays an incorrect value for the pipe weight.
- Orthos created in the sample project can appear incomplete where xref overlays
are used instead of attachments.
- If a component flange thickness is modified and updated in the model with plantspecupdatecheck,
bolt set lengths are not recalculated.
- AutoCAD MEP 2013 catalogs do not import. plantamepimportcatalog currently
supports AutoCAD MEP 2012 catalogs and earlier.
- In a multi-user environment, if you update a drawing with changes made to a spec
(for example: using plantspecupdatecheck), other users may not see the spec update
immediately. Other users can close and reload the project to see the update.
- If you export to the Catalog Builder from the Spec Editor, do not create new part
family sheets in the exported worksheet. Instead, use the catalog editor to copy a part
family before exporting.
- If you export from the Catalog Builder, do not create new part
family sheets in the exported worksheet. Instead, use the Catalog Builder to duplicate a part
family before exporting.
- Currently, there is a limitation in AutoCAD Plant 3D when used in a multi-user environment
on the default database (SQLite). If you and other users are simultaneously writing
to and reading from a project hosted on a network server, you may encounter a Disk
Malformed error. The application will attempt to shutdown. It is recommended that
all users close the project to avoid corruption. If you encounter this issue frequently,
you should consider switching to SQL Server Express.
Also on the default database (SQLite), sometimes database changes cannot be committed
successfully, and a Database Busy status is displayed. If your project involves
multiple users and you run into this message frequently, you should consider switching
to SQL Server Express.
- When you migrate a project to AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 from a previous version, you
can create backup files. Backup files are created only for files that are modified
during migration. This partial backup helps protect against issues during migration,
but if you want to restore the project to the previous version, backup the entire
project before migration.
Copyright ©2012 Autodesk, Inc.