The examples in this
topic demonstrate a very simple spawning using the Super Spray particle
Example: Setting up the particle system:
- In the Perspective viewport, create a
pyramid that's 5 units in all dimensions.
- Create a cylinder with a radius and height
of 3, and 6 sides.
- In the center of the Perspective viewport,
create a Super Spray emitter.
- Set Speed in the Particle Motion group
(Particle Generation rollout) to 3.0.
- On the Particle Type rollout, choose
Instanced Geometry, then in the Instancing Parameters group click
Pick Object, and select the pyramid.
- In the Viewport Display group of the
Basic Parameters rollout, choose Mesh and set the Percentage of
Particles to 100.
- On the Particle Generation rollout, choose
Use Rate, and set the spinner to 1.
- Set Emit Start and Emit Stop to 0, set
Display Until to 100, set Life to 10,
and leave Variation at 0.
- Under Particle Size, set Grow For and
Fade For to 0.
- Drag the time slider between frames 0
A single pyramid particle
emerges from the emitter, moves up, and then dies and disappears
at frame 10.
Example: Adding spawning effects:
- On the Particle Spawn rollout, choose
Spawn on Death.
- Leave Spawns spinner at 1, and set the
Multiplier to 2.
- Set the Direction Chaos spinner to 50.
- Drag the time slider slowly over frames
8 to 25 (approximately).
At frame 10, two pyramids
appear at the death of the original particle (because of the Multiplier
setting), and move off in different directions (because of the Direction
Chaos setting). All particles die after frame 20 because only one
generation of spawned particles is specified.
- Set Spawns to 4, and the Multiplier to 4.
- Drag the time slider over frames 8 to
With each spawned generation
the particles increase exponentially.
Example: To mutate the objects:
- In the Object Mutation Queue group, click
Pick Object, and then select
The name of the cylinder
appears in the list window.
- Click Pick Object and click the pyramid.
Then click Pick Object again, and click the cylinder. Your list
now reads: Cylinder01, Pyramid01, Cylinder01.
- Drag the time slider over frames 0 to
The pyramid appears over
frames 0 to 10, then changes to four cylinders at frame 11, then
16 pyramids at the next spawning, and so on.