Views menu Show Dependencies
While you are using
the Modify panel, this command toggles viewport highlighting of
objects dependent on the currently selected object.
When Show Dependencies
is on and the Modify panel is active, any object that is dependent
upon the currently selected object in any way appears magenta. This
You can also see similar
To show dependencies between objects:
- Select an object with an
- On the Modify
panel, choose the instanced modifier in the modifier stack.
- Choose Views menu Show Dependencies
Other objects with instances of the same modifier
appear in a different color.
Example: To use Show Dependencies when
animating with Linked XForm:
- Select the sub-object geometry you want
to animate, and apply a
- On the Parameters rollout, click Pick
- Click an object to be the control object.
Choose a dummy object if you want to keep the control hidden in
- The chosen object is now linked as parent
to the sub-object selection and its name is listed on the Parameters
- Choose Views menu Show Dependencies to make the link visible
when the control object is selected.
- Use any of the transforms to animate
the control object.
The selection is animated
in parallel with the control object.