You can loft objects
such as columns and bugles from a single shape that changes only
its scale as it travels along a path. Use Scale deformation when
you want to make these types of objects.
TipBy animating scale,
a loft object can appear to travel along a path. Using this technique,
you can create animations in which letters or lines write themselves
onto the screen.
These are the properties
of Scale deformation curves:
- The two curves are red for X-axis scaling
and green for Y-axis scaling.
- Default curve values are at 100%.
- Values greater than 100% make the shape
- Values between 100% and 0% make the shape
- Negative values scale and mirror the
Dialog for specific information on the
Scale deformation curve
To use Scale deformation:
- Select a loft object.
- Click Loft in the modifier stack display.
- Click Scale on the Deformations rollout.
- Edit the deformation curves for the X
axis and Y axis.