Respect Animation Range
constrains a parametric, non-keyable controller track to be active
only within the track's current animation range. Choosing this option
changes the track's background color to gray.
is the default setting (turn off the
Override Parametric Controller Range By Default option in the
to change it), controller
tracks from older scenes are set to this setting to maintain their
Example: To set a controller track to
respect the animation range:
- Create a sphere.
- On the Motion Panel Assign Controller rollout,
highlight the sphere's Position track.
- Click (Assign Controller), and
then choose Noise Position from the Assign Controller dialog.
- 3ds Max Design opens the Noise Controller
dialog. Keep the current settings and close the dialog.
- Select the sphere, and then
right-click it. From the quad menu, choose Dope Sheet.
- Expand the hierarchy items in the Controller
window until you find the sphere's Position track.
- On the Controllers menu, choose Respect
The background color
of the track changes to gray.
- Drag the track's range bar so it starts
at frame 10.
- Play the animation.
Because Respect Animation
Range is on, the sphere starts moving only when it is within the
track's animation range.