Curves is a selection modifier that makes all non-highlighted curves
Freeze Non-Selected Curves
has the following properties:
Example: To freeze non-selected curves:
- Animate an object's position.
- From the Graph Editors menu, choose Track
View - Curve Editor. On the Options menu, make sure Auto Expand Selected Objects Only/Transforms/XYZ
Components are all on.
The X/Y/Z position tracks
are all highlighted, and their curves appear in the Key window.
You can drag keys on any curve.
- On the Display menu, make sure Hide Non-Selected
Curves is on. This is the default setting.
- In the Hierarchy list, click the X Position
Now only the red X Position
curve is visible.
- From the Display menu, choose Show Non-Selected
The other two curves
reappear, and are editable.
- From the Display menu, choose Freeze
The Y Position and Z
Position curves remain visible, but display as dashed lines.
- Position the mouse cursor over a vertex
on the Y Position or Z Position curve.
The cursor doesn't change
to a crosshair, indicating that you can't modify the vertex.
- In the Hierarchy list, click the Y Position
track icon and then Z Position track icon.
All three remain visible,
but in each case the two non-highlighted tracks display as dashed
lines, and are not editable.