View the properties of the selected drawing object or feature in the palette.
The palette lists the current settings for properties of the selected object or set of objects. For drawing objects, you can
modify any property that can be changed by specifying a new value. For features, you can change attribute values but not geometry.
When more than one object is selected, the palette displays only those properties common to all objects in the selection set.
When no objects or features are selected, the palette displays only the , , , and properties for the current layer. If you select a feature layer in the , the layer name and title are displayed. For drawing layers, the and are displayed.
Drawing objects that belong to an object class have additional information on the tab. Use the tab to see the source drawing for a drawing object, or to change the thumbnail preview for that object layer.
To use the palette to style drawing objects
If you did not download the sample data, you cannot perform these steps. Skip to the next exercise, "Data Table and Data View
- In the SampleMap.dwg file, select a road.
The window is displayed. However, to see all the properties, display the palette.
- Right-click the road and click .
The palette is displayed.
- Click the tab if it is not already displayed.
The roads are objects in an AutoCAD drawing. Notice that the current selection is defined as a Polyline. For drawing objects,
you can format some properties with the palette.
- To change the way the currently selected road segment is displayed, click in the field and then click the down arrow to select a color. If you are asked whether to add this object to the save set, click
With your cursor positioned in the map, press Esc to see the results.
- To change the color for all roads, click . Click in the field for layer 0, which contains the roads, select a color, and click .
The color of all the roads changes to the color you selected.
To edit feature properties in the palette
- In the SampleMap.dwg file, select the Parcels layer in Display Manager .
- Click a parcel in the map.
- If the palette is not still open, right-click the parcel and select .
The tab displays the properties for this feature.
- Click in the LAND_VALUE field and type a new value for this parcel.
- Press the Tab key or click in a different field to make your changes take effect.
To continue this tour of AutoCAD Map 3D, go to Data Table and Data View