You can convert object
data into linked records in an external database table.
You can do one of the
- Create a new table in an existing data
source. For the new link template, you can use an existing field
as the key field, or you can have AutoCAD Map 3D create a new field
and assign a unique value to each record.
- Add the data to an existing database
Field Names in the New
By default, the fields
in the new database table have the same names as the fields in the
object data table. AutoCAD Map 3D resolves any conflicts in the following
- Truncates fields that are too long and
adds an incremental digit to the resulting duplicate field names
- Replaces unsupported characters in a
field name with an underscore (_)
- Converts unsupported field types to character
- Converts point fields to a character
string and separates coordinates with commas
In addition, if you have
object data that matches information in a database table, you can
automatically create links from each selected object to a matching
record in the database table.