To modify an object class definition
- Open a drawing that contains an object
classified with the object class you want to modify.
add properties to the object class definition, the sample object
must have the properties you want to add to the object class definition.
- If an object classification file is not
attached, enter attachdef at the command prompt
and attach the file.
- On the Map Explorer tab
of the Task Pane, right-click the
object class whose definition you want to modify. Click Define
- Select the sample object. This object
must be classified with the object class you want to modify.
- In the Define Object Classification dialog box,
- You cannot change the object type used
for the feature.
- On the Properties List tab,
select or clear properties you want to include in the definition.
For each new property, enter
a default value and a range of possible values.
To specify a line weight,
enter the decimal value as an integer. For example, to specify a
line weight of 0.13, enter 13.
- On the Class Settings tab,
specify the icon to display for the feature and whether the data
appears on the Map Explorer tab of the Task