Use this dialog box to
sort the Data View.
Before you begin sorting,
note the following:
- Records are sorted based on the value
in the column selected in the Sort By box.
If multiple records have
the same value in this column, those records are further sorted
by the column specified in the first Then By box.
- If you do not specify a sort column,
records are sorted in database order.
- To sort the table by additional columns,
use the remaining Then By lists.
- You can sort up to five columns simultaneously.
You cannot sort columns
that have binary or user-defined data types, and these columns do
not appear in the sort lists.
- To clear all the lists, click Reset.
- Sort By
Click the down arrow and
select the column in the table to sort by. Columns with binary or
user-defined data types are not listed.
Sort from the beginning of
the alphabet, the lowest number, or the earliest date.
Sort from the end of
the alphabet, the highest number, or the latest date.