When you import the
SDF file into a map, you convert the data to DWG objects. (If you connected to
the SDF file, the objects would remain in SDF data format.)
To maintain the formatting
of the original DWG objects that you exported to SDF, create a template
that duplicates that formatting.
Use the original drawing
file as the basis for the template. That way, the template automatically
specifies the layers for the SDF feature classes.
To create a template for the imported
- Open the original DWG file you exported
- Click Open Drawing.
- Select the sample map called DWGMap.dwg
- Save the drawing as a template (.dwt) file. Click Save
As AutoCAD Drawing Template.
Name the file DWGImportTemplate.dwt.
When prompted, enter
a description of the template and leave the other settings set to
their default values.
- In the new template file, delete all
the drawing objects so that the drawing is empty.
Press Ctrl+A or use Zoom Window to
select all the objects. Then press the Delete key.
- Save and close the template drawing file.
- Create a map using the DWGImportTemplate.dwt template.
- Click New Drawing.
- Select the DWGImportTemplate.dwt template.
- Click Open.
You do not have to assign
a coordinate system to this new map, because the template specifies
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Import the SDF layers