up a map book template
- Open an existing map book template. Map
book templates for a variety of paper sizes are included in the Templates folder. Choose from 8.5x11, 8.5x14,
11x17, A3, or A4.
- Do the following:
- Right-click a layout tab and choose Rename.
Type a new name for this layout.
you do not see the layout tabs, click Options Display
check Display Layout and Model Tabs
and create a new layout.
- Right-click the renamed layout tab. Choose Page
Setup Manager to specify plotter and paper information.
information will be used every time you publish your map book to
a plotter. You cannot change these settings at print time. For more
information about this dialog box, type “Page Setup Manager” in
the Search tab of the help.
- Resize the viewports on the layout as
- To resize a viewport, click it to select
it. Click and drag a corner grip.
- If you do not want to use one of the
viewports that appear on the template, select it and press the Delete
key on your keyboard.
- Customize the viewports on the template
- Double-click the outside frame of the
title block to change its attributes or text properties. Items that
display pound signs (###) are variables. Right-click a variable
to change its value.
- Double-click an arrow block to change
its text properties.
- When the elements appear as you want
them, you must Identify
the layout placeholders.
- After identifying the placeholders, save
the map file as a DWT (AutoCAD Drawing Template)
can also create a map book layout in an existing map, and use that map
as your map book template. Be sure to rename the layout tab that
you plan to use for map books. You can have multiple layout templates
in a map.