To identify layout placeholders
- Select the layout tab you defined for
the map book.
- On the Map Book tab
of the Task Pane, click Tools Identify
- Click an item in the Layout
Placeholders list. For example, click Main Viewport.
Then click Select Placeholders.
- In your layout, click the outline of
the viewport to use for the item you selected. For example, for
the Main viewport, click the viewport that will display the map
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each of the
following elements in your layout:
- Main viewport
- Keyview viewport
- Legend viewport
- Adjacent arrow blocks
- Title block
- When you have identified all the elements,