To bring ASCII point data into a Survey
- Create or connect to a
Survey Data Store.
- Right-click any node in the Survey Tree
on the Survey tab of the Task Pane.
- Select Import ASCII Points.
The Import ASCII Points dialog box appears.
- In the File Location section,
click . The Import
ASCII File dialog box appears.
- Browse to and select the ASCII file you
want to import, then click Open.
- In the Formatting section,
select the data format and Z-Unit (elevation unit)
for the file. Valid elevation units are meters, US feet, international feet,
- The Preview section
will show a sample of the data you are about to import. Check the
preview to verify that you have selected the correct file and formatting.
- In the Coordinate System Assignment section,
enter the coordinate system of the file you are importing. Click to select
the coordinate system from a list.
- Click OK. The ASCII
point data is brought into your Survey Data Store.