You can use the Data
Table to find a particular parcel and zoom into it so
you can split it.
To find the parcel to split
- If the Data Table is
not open, click the Parcels layer in Display Manager and
- In the Data Table window,
make sure Auto-Zoom is on.
When Auto-Zoom is
on, it is a different color than the window background . When it is off, it is the
same color as the window background.
- Click Search To Select (at
the bottom of the window).
- In the Search To Select window,
click Property and select STNAME.
- Click = (the equals
sign in the toolstrip).
- Place your cursor over the text that
- In the tooltip that displays, click Get
Values From A List.
- Click the green arrow next to STNAME
in the properties list to see the street names for the Parcels feature.
The properties list
is populated when you click the green arrow. Your selection replaces
the selected value.
- Click Antigua Drive and click Insert
Click Next if
you do not see Antigua in the list.
- Click Validate (at
the bottom of the window) to make sure that the expression is valid.
- When you see “The expression is valid,”
- Click the heading for the STNAME column
to sort the parcel records by street name.
In the Data
Table, the entries for parcels on Antigua Drive are highlighted. The
map is zoomed to that street, and the parcels are selected in the
map as well.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 3: Split the parcel.