Add roads to your map
and assign several styles to them, with each style displaying at
a different zoom level.
exercise uses the BuildMap1.dwg map
you created and modified in the previous exercises.
To add roads to your map
- If you have not already done so, copy
the \Program Files\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010\Help\Map
3D Tutorials folder to My
NoteThe location of My
Documents varies, depending on your operating system.
For Microsoft Windows XP, it is usually C:\MyDocuments.
For Microsoft Vista, it might be C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Map 3D Tutorials.
- Open your finished map from the previous
- Click Open Drawing.
- Locate BuildMap1.dwg.
- Select the map, and click Open.
- In the Task Pane,
switch to Display Manager .
- In the menu area, click Group and
select Layers By Group.
- Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the
folder in My Documents where you
copied the sample files.
- Resize the AutoCAD Map 3D window and the
sample data folder window so you can see both of them at the same
- Drag and drop the Roads.shp file to the list of layers
in the Display Manager, just above
the Parcels layer.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Create a composite road style.