When you draw a new feature,
it is automatically added to the layer from which it was created.
The source for that layer is updated to include the feature you
exercise uses the BuildMap1.dwg map
you created and modified in the previous exercises.
To create a feature
- If it is not still open, open your map
from the previous lesson.
- Click Open Drawing.
- Locate the BuildMap1.dwg file.
- Select it, and click Open.
- Select the Parcels layer.
- Click Zoom to Extents.
- Click a starting point in the map for
the new parcel.
Click an area on the
border of the city.
- Click three more points to define the
beginning of the parcel and its first three sides.
- Press the down arrow on your keyboard
to see a menu of choices in the dynamic input line.
- Press the down arrow again until a dot
is displayed next to Close, showing that it is
Use dynamic input to
draw the parcel.
- Press Enter to close the polygon.
- Select Exit from the dynamic input menu
to complete the command.
The parcel is complete and the Data Table is
NoteIf the Data Table is
docked, move your cursor over it to display it. If the Data
Table does not display automatically, select the Parcels
layer in Display Manager and click Table.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Add information about the new parcel.