Insert a legend anywhere
on your map.
exercise uses the BuildMap1.dwg map
you created and modified in the previous exercises.
To insert a legend in your map
- If it is not still open, open your finished
map from the previous lesson.
- Click Open Drawing.
- Locate the BuildMap1.dwg file.
- Select it, and click Open.
- In the Task Pane,
switch to Display Manager.
- Right-click the Parcels layer and click Zoom
- Click Tools Create
Use the Tools menu
in Display Manager to create a
- In your map, find a blank area for the
- Click where you want the legend to appear.
Notice that each layer listed in Display Manager is
displayed in the legend automatically, with its identifying color.
The items are listed in the order in which they appear in Display
- Save your map.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Change the order of items in the legend.