You can create your own
viewports, as well as customizing the ones that appear on the template by
default. In this exercise, you will draw a viewport on a map tile to
show a zoomed-in detail.
To create the viewport
- Click the layout tab for the tile on
which the inset will
In this example, the
inset appears on B-25.
- At the Command prompt, type vports.
The Command prompt appears
as soon as you begin typing anywhere within the map window.
- On the New Viewports tab
of the Viewports dialog box, in the Standard Viewports list,
select Single and click OK.
- Place your cursor over the blank area
next to the main viewport.
- Drag to draw the viewport on the layout,
and click when it is the size you want.
- Leave the map open and the current layout
tab displayed for the following exercise.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Change the information displayed in the viewport