AutoCAD Map 3D comes with
sample files, including blocks such as north arrow symbols. You
can delete the default north arrow and replace it with one of the
The template also
has an area in which you can insert your company logo as a block.
The process would be similar.
To replace the north arrow in the map
- If the template you modified is not still
open, open it again.
- Click the north arrow block in the template
and press Delete.
- Open the sample file containing the north
By default, the north
arrow file is C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010\Sample\Symbols\North
- In the North
Arrows.dwg file, click a north arrow symbol.
- Right-click the selected symbol and click Copy.
- Close the North
Arrows.dwg file and, in the template file, right-click
a blank area and click Paste As Block.
- At the Specify Insertion Point prompt,
click the location for the new north arrow.
- Save and close the template file.
Where you are now
You modified a map book
template to use your printer or plotter. You changed the size of
the main viewport and adjusted the adjacent arrows.
You changed the attributes of the title block.
You replaced the default north arrow with another one.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Lesson 3: Create A Map Book