Begin by classifying
the objects in the Classify_Signals drawing.
To classify the signal objects
- If the Classify_Signals drawing
is not already open in AutoCAD Map 3D, open it.
- Press Enter to select all unclassified
- Right-click the Signals object class
in Map Explorer in the Task
pane and click Classify Objects.
Classify the selected
objects if they meet the criteria of the object class.
- Leave both boxes checked in the Classify
Objects dialog box and click OK.
- To check that the objects were properly
classified, press Esc to clear the selection. In the Map
Explorer tab of the Task pane,
right-click the Signals object class and click Select
All the signals are
- Press Esc again to clear the selection,
and then click a single signal to select it.
- Right-click the selected signal and click Properties.
- On the Properties palette,
click the Object Class tab and examine
Examine the properties
for members of the Signals object class.
- Save and close Classify_Signals.dwg.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Classify roads and parcels.