To specify a point using angle and distance
- To use the Angle/Distance routine
transparently, start a command, such as PLINE or ARC, then enter ‘mapcogo.
- In the COGO Input dialog box, select
the Angle/Distance routine.
- Specify the line to use to measure the
angle. Click to select
the line on the map.
- For the first point of an object, specify
a starting point and ending point for the line, or select an existing
line in the drawing.
- For a later point in the object, specify
just the ending point for the line. The previous point of the object
is the starting point of the line.
- Enter the angle from the line you just
specified to the line that specifies the new point. Click to select
the angle on the map.
- Enter the distance from the starting
point to the new point. Click to select
the distance on the map.
- Click Calculate. AutoCAD Map 3D calculates
the new point, and previews it on your map. Click the Pan button
to pan to the new point.
NoteIf you turn on the Prompt
For 3D Data Input option in the Coordinate
Geometry Setup dialog box, you can enter an elevation
value in the Result section of the COGO
Input dialog box.
- Click Create Point.