To specify a point using bearing and
- To use the Bearing/Distance routine
transparently, start a command, such as PLINE or ARC, then enter ‘mapcogo.
- In the COGO Input dialog
box, select the Bearing/Distance routine.
- For the first point of an object, specify
a starting point. For a later point in the object, the previous
point for the object is the starting point. Click to select
the point on the map.
- Enter the quadrant (NE, SE, SW, NW).
If you are entering surveyor’s units, quadrant entry will be disabled.
- Enter the angle. Click to specify
the angle on the map.
Use the current angular
units setting, decimal values, such as 45.1111, or surveyor’s units,
such as N 45d3'55" E.
- Enter the distance from the starting
point. Click to select
the distance on the map.
- Click Calculate. AutoCAD Map 3D calculates
the new point, and previews it on your map. Click the Pan button
to pan to the new point.
NoteIf you turn on the Prompt
For 3D Data Input option in the Coordinate
Geometry Setup dialog box, you can enter an elevation
value in the Result section of the COGO
Input dialog box.
- Click Create Point.