To specify a point using azimuth and
- To use the Azimuth/Distance routine
transparently, start a command, such as PLINE or ARC, then enter ‘mapcogo.
- In the COGO Input dialog box, select
the Azimuth/Distance routine.
- For the first point of an object, specify
a starting point for the measurement. For a later point in the object,
the previous point you specified for the object is the starting
point. Click to select
a point on the map.
- Enter the azimuth, which is the clockwise
angle from the North (or South) meridian to
the line of the new direction. Click to specify
the angle on the map.
Enter the angle using
the current angular units setting, decimal values, such as 45.1111,
or surveyor’s units, such as N 45d3'55" E.
- Enter the distance from the starting
point to the new point. Click to select
the distance on the map.
- Click Calculate. AutoCAD Map 3D calculates
the new point, and previews it on your map. Click the Pan button
to pan to the new point.
NoteIf you turn on the Prompt
For 3D Data Input option in the Coordinate
Geometry Setup dialog box, you can enter an elevation
value in the Result section of the COGO
Input dialog box.
- Click Create Point.