In this exercise, you
connect to the new SDF file you created and see the feature classes
that were created from the three object classes.
To connect to an SDF file
- In AutoCAD Map 3D, create a map. Click New Drawing.
Select the map2d.dwt template
and click Open.
- In the new map file, in the Task
pane, click Data Connect
- In the Data Connect window,
do the following:
- Under Data Connections By
Provider, click Add SDF Connection.
- For Source File,
click the file icon next to the field.
- Navigate to the SDF file you created
in Exercise 1: Export object classes to SDF.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Connect.
Specify the file to
- Under Add Data To Map,
select all three feature classes listed.
Select the feature
classes and add them to the map.
- Click Add To Map.
- Close the Data Connect window.
- In the Task pane,
click the Display Manager tab to see
the three feature classes.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 3: Style the new feature classes.