In this exercise, you
open a drawing for the city of Redding, California. You attach three
source drawings that contain parcel, sewer, and drainage information.
Even though the drawings are attached, no objects appear until you perform
a Quick View or a Preview mode
To attach drawings
- If you have not already done so, see Lesson 1: Get Ready to Use the Tutorials.
- Navigate to and open the tutorial sample
- On the Map Explorer tab
of the Task pane, right-click the Drawings folder. Click Attach.
Attach drawings from
the Map Explorer tab of the Task
- In the Select Drawings to Attach dialog
box, do the following:
- Navigate to the location where you stored
your tutorial sample files.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key
and select the following files: Drainage, Parcel, and Sewer.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
The parcel, sewer, and
drainage drawings are now attached to the Redding.dwg file,
but no drawing objects have been added yet.
To continue this tutorial,
go to Exercise 2: Preview attached drawings with Quick View.