To make a raster image translucent
the raster to AutoCAD Map 3D.
You can use any type
of raster, including a WMS image. The image does not need to be
transparent or have an opacity setting already.
- Right-click the layer containing the
image and choose Save Layer.
Save the layer to a .layer file.
- Open the resulting .layer file in a text editor, such
as Notepad, and find the <FeatureName> entry.
- Just under the <FeatureName> entry,
add the opacity setting, using the following syntax:
An opacity setting of
1 makes the layer completely opaque. A setting of .1 makes it virtually
- Save the .layer file.
- In AutoCAD Map 3D, switch the Task
Pane to Display Manager and remove
the original raster layer.
- Add any other entities to your map that
will appear on layers beneath the translucent image, and theme or
style those layers.
- Click Data Load
Layer and select the .layer file
The translucent raster
image overlays the opaque layers, and they appear beneath it.