To add 2D rasters to your map
- In Display Manager,
- In the Data Connect window,
select Add Raster Image or Surface Connection in
the Data Connections By Provider list.
- Under Connection Name,
type a name for this connection.
You can give the connection any name you like.
This name appears in Map Explorer as the name of
the feature source.
- Click the folder icon to browse to the
folder containing multiple images, or click the image icon to specify
a single image.
- Click Connect.
- In the Add Data To Map area,
select the images to include.
If this source contains
only a single image, that image is selected automatically. If it
contains multiple images, you can right-click any of them and select Select
All or Select None.
- For each image you select, make sure
the Coordinate System and Vertical Units entries
- Hold your cursor over an image name to
see its native coordinate system. The Coordinate System entry
should match this.
- Scroll the table if necessary to see
all the columns.
- To change the coordinate system, click Edit
Coordinate Systems and choose the appropriate coordinate
- To change the vertical units, click the
current entry to display a down arrow that lets you choose a different
- To combine all the images on one map
layer, select Combine Into One Layer. This
is useful for combining a series of images to create a single layer.
- Click Add To Map.
- If prompted, specify
the location, scale, and rotation for
Some image files contain
placement information and are placed automatically in your map.
For images that do not contain placement information, you are prompted
for the location, scale, and insertion point.
The image is added to