To specify a point using distances from
two existing points
- To use the Distance/Distance routine
transparently, start a command, such as PLINE or ARC, then enter ‘mapcogo.
- In the COGO Input dialog
box, select the Distance/Distance routine.
- Enter the coordinates for the first point,
or click to select
the point on the map or in the data table.
- Select the distance from the first point.
Click to specify
the distance on the map.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the second point
- Click Calculate. AutoCAD Map 3D calculates
the new point, and previews it on your map. Click the Pan button
to pan to the new point. If there is no intersection, the Result
box will be shaded, and will display “No intersection found!”
you turn on the Prompt For 3D Data Input option
in the Coordinate Geometry Setup dialog
box, you can enter an elevation value in the Result section
of the COGO Input dialog box.
- Select the intersection you want, then
click Create Point.