When you publish to Autodesk
MapGuide Enterprise 2009, you can check the results of the publish
operation, including the number of layers that were published and
the number that failed. The following types of problems can occur:
- Layers without assigned coordinate systems
may not display correctly in MapGuide.
- Features from third-party data sources,
such as Oracle databases or ArcSDE, will cause problems if no corresponding
data store exists on the MapGuide server.
- If the program cannot determine the source
type for data, or cannot open the current map or configuration file,
some data may not be published.
- Layers that are joined to external data
sources are not published.
- If a map with the same name already exists
on the server, the publish operation will fail if you set the MapGuide
publishing options to stop the publish operation in this situation.
- If a folder name or its path contain
invalid characters, the publish operation will fail. Invalid characters
are \, :, *, ?, ", <, >, |, &, %, =, and /.
- Situations like a session expiration,
a timeout, or the inability of the server to parse the XML can also
cause the publish operation to fail.