Rubber sheet the less accurate data to fit the
more accurate data. Perform a query to bring in the source drawing
and apply rubber sheeting to the two maps. If you have set up a
system of control points, or monuments, use this data as the reference
to which you rubber sheet other maps.
To rubber sheet two maps
- When prompted on the command line for Base point
1, specify the first common feature on map 2, the warped map.
- When prompted on the command line for Reference point
1, specify the corresponding feature on map 1, the accurate map.
- Follow the prompts on the command line
and continue specifying base and reference points. When you are
done, press Enter.
The order in which you
select the points and the spread of the points will affect the results.
For complex curved figures, the more vertices you enter, the more
accurate the proportionate stretching.
- Select the objects to rubber sheet. Enter a to
select objects by area, or s to select
objects individually. If you queried all objects in the warped map onto
their own layer, select that layer.
- Press Enter to complete the process.