The Autodesk material libraries are shared libraries installed with Autodesk products such as Inventor, AutoCAD, Revit and
Note If you uninstall or remove a library, the library is no longer available for any product. Uninstalling also means you will
be unable to view or display drawings that have materials currently in them.
The Autodesk material libraries include the following:
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 (CM): Contains the new material library (approximately 256 x 256). This library is installed by default, and required for AutoCAD
Map 3D to have full visual style and color style functionality. It is recommended that you do not uninstall this library unless
you are also uninstalling all Autodesk products that require this library.
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 Base Image Library (ILL): Contains low resolution images (approximately 512 x 512) for use with Autodesk materials. This is also installed by default.
It is recommended that you do not uninstall this library unless you are also uninstalling all Autodesk products that require
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 Medium Image Library (ILM): Contains medium resolution images (approximately 1024 x 1024) for rendering materials in medium detail. This library is
used for close-ups, and for rendering objects at a larger scale. This library is an installation option available on the Select
Products to Install page in the installation wizard.
If you uninstall the Base Image Library, and do not have the Medium Image Library installed, the lowest resolution library
(Material Library) is used.
Reinstall Autodesk Material Libraries
If you uninstall or delete material libraries, you can reinstall them to regain visual style and color style functionality.
You must reinstall the Material Library (CM) before the Base (ILL) and Medium (ILM) Libraries. The Windows installer log will
be inaccessible if the libraries are not reinstalled in the recommended order.
To reinstall Autodesk Material Library 2014
- From the product media, browse to and run: \content\ADSKMaterials\ 2014 \CM\MaterialLibrary2014.msi
To reinstall Autodesk Material Library 2014 Base Image Library
- From the product media, browse to and run: \content\ADSKMaterials\ 2014 \ILB\BaseImageLibrary2014.msi