If this check fails, another application is using port 80. Autodesk Vault Server needs port 80 to be free for successful installation
- From the Windows Start menu, select Run.
- In the Run dialog box, enter: cmd.
- Click OK.
- In the command window, enter: netstat -ano
- A list of active connections is displayed. Locate the active connection that is using local address 0.0.0.0:80 and note the
process ID (PID) number. For example:
|| Local Address
|| Foreign Address
- Start Windows Task Manager and select the Processes tab.
- If the PID column is not displayed, from the View menu, select Select Columns. In the Select Columns dialog, turn on the PID
(Process Identifier) check box and then click OK.
- Locate the process matching the PID that is using 0.0.0.0:80.
- Make sure that it is safe to shut down the process and then shut it down.
For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 281336: "How to determine which program uses or blocks specific transmission control protocol ports in Windows":