The Autodesk Material Libraries are shared libraries installed with Autodesk products such as Inventor, AutoCAD, Revit and
3ds Max. These three items are selected for install by default when you install 3ds Max. If one of the other applications
is already installed, the material libraries might be installed already.
WarningIf you uninstall or remove a library, the library is no longer available for any products. Uninstalling also means you will
be unable to view or display scenes that have Autodesk Materials currently in them.
The Autodesk Material Library consists of three sub-libraries:
- Autodesk Material Library 2014: Contains the material appearances used for Realistic Appearance in color styles. This component
is installed by default, and it is required for 3ds Max to have full visual style and color style functionality. It is recommended
you do not uninstall this component unless you are also uninstalling all Autodesk products that require this library.
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 Base Image Library: Contains low-resolution (approximately 512 x 512) images for use with Autodesk
Materials. This is also installed by default.
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 Medium Image Library: Contains medium-resolution (approximately 1024 x 1024) images for rendering
materials in medium detail. This library is used for close-ups and for rendering objects at a larger scale. This library is
an installation option available on the Select Products to Install page in the installation wizard.
To reinstall the material libraries, run the corresponding MSI:
- Autodesk Material Library 2014: \Content\ADSKMaterials\2014\CM\MaterialLibrary2014.msi
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 Base Image Library: \Content\ADSKMaterials\2014\ILB\BaseImageLibrary.msi
- Autodesk Material Library 2014 Medium Image Library: \Content\ADSKMaterials\2014\ILM\MediumImageLibrary.msi