This readme contains the latest information regarding known issues that may affect your design efforts. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before installing.
To access more detailed installation help, click the Installation Help and System Requirements links available at the bottom of the installer window during installation.
- Most video display issues occur due to outdated video drivers. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer to ensure that you have the most recent video drivers for your graphics card and to download any updates before installing.
- Administrative privileges are required to install and uninstall Autodesk® InfraWorks™ 2014.
- A Serial Number and Product Key are required during installation.
- If you do not have a Serial Number, you can run Autodesk® InfraWorks™ 2014 in trial mode for 30 days. Choose the option "I want to try this product for 30 days" during installation.
- It is highly recommended that you save your work and close all open applications before installing Autodesk® InfraWorks™ 2014. The installation process may restart your machine without warning.
Known issues for Release 4 of Autodesk® InfraWorks™ 2014:
- To view storyboards of legacy scenarios on the iPad app and in the web browser, you need to re-publish legacy scenarios with the latest version of InfraWorks 360. Legacy scenarios from former releases don’t show storyboards.
- If you have not yet configured and/or imported any surface data files, roads imported from IMX files may create wired junctions or parts of the road(s) may become invisible.
- InfraWorks™ R4 does not support viewing AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings of roads with multiple zones.
- Line and point features are not supported when importing 3D models from SketchUp, DGN, IFC, Revit or AutoCAD DWG files.
- IFC4 or later is not supported by local data import.
- Models imported from SketchUp, DGN, IFC or AutoCAD DWG files may have elements missing by default. To resolve this, click Application Options > Show Backfaces.
- Coordinate System information cannot be read automatically from imported SketchUp or DWG files, user has to assign a proper one manually when desired.
- External references and customized materials/textures are not supported by cloud data import.
- InfraWorks™ R4 can display the local data import error, “Fail to copy Navisworks plugin,” if you are not the Account Administrator.
- Profile Optimization does not support Design Roads with multiple zones.
- Corridor Optimization does not support terrain imported in .jp2, .mrsid, or .ecw file formats.
- When the Corridor Optimization panel is activated, the operation to select any asset is disabled.
- When working with models for which you don’t have the source data, for example models created by using the Model Builder (preview) or downloaded from the cloud, avoid editing raster settings to the ground image data sources. Changing some raster settings, such as Color Mask or Gamma, can corrupt the model.
The following content offers information pertaining to known issues for Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 R2.
- Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 R1 cannot handle WFS 1.1.0. In Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 R2, this issue has been addressed, now Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 R2 can import both WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.
- All limitations in order to successfully import Revit models have been removed.
- In the proposal’s optimization results, the road structure doesn’t reflect the bridges or tunnels shown in the optimization report.
- Please be sure to set the appropriate values of the right or left transition width for the roads before running optimization; otherwise the cut and fill volumes in the optimization result will be quite unrealistic. The calculation of cut and fill volumes is based on the Average End-Area method.
- When the location of a pipe connector is edited using a control point, all the pipeline ends that coincide with the (x,y) location of that connector will move along with it. The vertical distance between the original connector and original pipe ends is maintained after the connector is moved. When the location of a pipe connector is edited using the Move gizmo, pipelines will not move along with the connector.
- You may notice that proposals are missing when you use Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 R2 to download from the cloud a model created with the earlier version Autodesk InfraWorks 2013 R2. The workaround is to download the model using its matching desktop version (Autodesk InfraWorks 2013 R2), open the local model with the later version Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 R2 (the model will be upgraded), and then publish the model to the cloud again for team collaboration.
- The New Intersection model is supported only when two Design Roads intersect. For T intersections, ensure that the two design roads’ centerlines intersect. There can be performance issues for intersections near spiral areas.
- If the Water Level is not configured (blank field) in the data source configuration, the Water Level in profile view will be inconsistent with that in canvas.
- Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 may crash during scenario export if your model contains a custom Sky Cubemap. Please choose one of the predefined environment maps from the Library if you encounter this problem.
- Please note that the preview features that are available via the application options are not officially supported. This includes the immersive UI and the expression editor. These features are previews only and experimental in nature. You acknowledge that these previews have not been fully tested and may contain defects or deficiencies which may not be corrected or supported by Autodesk. Hence, Autodesk does not represent that they are reliable, accurate, complete, uninterrupted or otherwise valid. Further, these previews may undergo significant changes prior to release of the corresponding final version, which may not contain certain features or functionality that are contained in these previews. You acknowledge that Autodesk shall have no obligation to release any product or make available any service based on the previews provided here. ACCORDINGLY, THE PREVIEWS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND AUTODESK AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, OR OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW, OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NEITHER AUTODESK NOR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PREVIEWS. Some states do not allow the exclusion of warranty, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. By downloading/accessing these previews, you acknowledge and agree to the above disclaimer.
The following content offers information pertaining to known issues for Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014 R1.
- Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014 rendering features make heavy use of the graphics card. To reduce GPU usage, consider: switching off the use of Shadows, switching off "Realistic Water", switching off AntiAliasing or reducing it to 2x, and/or turning off Ambient Occlusion.
- Importing Autodesk® AutoCAD Civil 3D IMX files containing curve alignments into Autodesk® InfraWorks may flatten the curves.
- When editing city objects, entering a larger number such as 99999999 to the mini toolbar may cause the application to hang.
- To avoid failures when re-importing point cloud data sources, it is recommended to first close Autodesk® InfraWorks, restart it, open the city model, and immediately refresh the data source.
- When uninstalling Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014 on a computer running Microsoft Windows® 7 or Windows 8, an error message may be displayed to indicate that the shortcut icon cannot be removed. Click Ok to acknowledge the message. The uninstall process will complete and the shortcut icon can be manually removed at any time.
- A user cannot contribute comments to a published scenario if the user is not a member of the group to which the scenario was published.
- When running Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014 on a computer where Adobe® 3D Capture® Element or the Adobe® Acrobat® 9 Pro Extended 64-bit add-on is installed, filenames in dialog boxes and title bars will not display. For example, in the Open dialog box, you will see file icons, but no filenames.
To resolve this issue, remove Adobe 3D Capture Element and/or the Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit add-on. If the system also contains Acrobat X, these applications may not be listed as independently installed programs. In this case, look for the following registry entries:
- CityGML import does not support UTF-8 filenames. As a result, CityGML filenames cannot contain, for example, Chinese, Japanese, and/or German language characters.
- WFS data sources cannot be imported into Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014.
- If the network connection is lost during the upload of a scenario, the application may hang. To resolve this issue, end the application and restart it. After you restart it, it is recommended to check the Online Scenarios to see if the Publish operation completed. If not, re-initiate the Publish process again.
- When a user inspects a newly created design road after setting the length/distance unit to either miles or kilometers, the text string in the Curve/Spiral dialog is not clearly displayed.
- A road segment may be left behind when drawing a road with a curve greater than 180 degrees and then changing the curve to less than 180 degrees.
- Revit model RPC elements, such as trees and people, are not imported into Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014.
- When a user starts laying out a design road and shows it in the Profile view, the ability to grab, horizontally move, and modify the end points of a road in the Profile view are not supported at this time.
- When editing a road to change the style and/or edit the PVIs, the road must be re-selected before running a vertical path optimization.
- To avoid issues viewing a proposal's optimization results, do not delete/edit roads that are in the process of a vertical path optimization.
- Autodesk® AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 does not support the import of Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014 IMX files and doing so will cause AutoCAD Civil 3D to fail.
- In order to successfully import Revit models, Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 and Autodesk® Revit 2014 are required to be installed on the same computer. Autodesk® Revit MEP 2014, Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2014 and Autodesk® Revit Structure 2014 will not satisfy this requirement with Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014.
- You cannot reinstall Autodesk® InfraWorks 2014 from the DVD media if it is already installed on your machine. To reinstall, uninstall the application, then install it again.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2014 Autodesk, Inc.