The survey equipment database contains one or more equipment definitions.
Equipment definitions specify the values associated with a specific surveying instrument, such as the standard deviations
associated with the measuring capabilities.
Equipment databases that have been migrated to XML format have the file extension EDB_XDEF.
For information on equipment definition settings, see Equipment Properties Dialog Box.
Tutorial Exercise: Setting the Equipment and Figure Prefix Databases
To create an equipment database
- In , on the tab, right-click the collection. Click .There is a default equipment database named ‘Sample,’ which is displayed in the collection.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for the new equipment database.
A best practice is to enter the model number or the name of the equipment manufacturer in the field.
- To enter equipment definitions, right-click the equipment database and click .
- In the dialog box, enter a name for the Sample equipment definition and modify other properties as required. For more information
about the equipment properties, see Equipment Properties Dialog Box.
To make an equipment database current
- In , on the tab, expand the collection. Double-click a database to make it current or right-click the database .
To add or edit an equipment definition
- In , on the tab, expand the collection. Right-click a named equipment database .
- In the dialog box, click . The new definition is added with the default name .
- Expand and under enter a name for the definition. Modify the properties as required. For more information about the equipment properties,
see Equipment Properties Dialog Box
To delete an equipment definition
- In , on the tab, expand the collection. Right-click the database that contains the definition that you want to delete .
- In the , select the definition you want to delete and click .
tab: right-click <database-name>
tab: <database name> right-click <equipment-definition-name>