The following tutorial sets are included with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013:
- Getting Started. Learn about the application workspace and some important design tools and tasks.
- Points. Learn how to work with coordinate geometry (COGO) points, which are the basis for modeling land surfaces.
- Point Cloud Tutorials. Learn how to work with point clouds, which are dense collections of point data that are obtained from LiDAR scanning
- Surfaces. Learn the basics about creating and working with land surfaces.
- Survey. Learn the basics about importing, creating, managing, and analyzing survey data.
- Project Management. Learn how to use the AutoCAD Civil 3D project management features, including data shortcuts and Autodesk Vault.
- Alignments Tutorials. Learn about alignments, which are the basis for modeling roads.
- Profiles. Learn the basics about viewing and designing the elevation profile of land surfaces along an alignment.
- Parcels. Learn the basics about creating and editing parcels as well as working with the display of parcels.
- Grading. Learn how to design the finished grade for land surfaces such as housing subdivisions and retail sites.
- Corridor Assembly Tutorials. Learn how to build and manage assemblies, which are cross sections that are placed incrementally along an alignment.
- Corridors. Learn how to create simple and complex corridor designs.
- Intersection and Roundabout Tutorials. Learn how to create complex intersections that dynamically react to changes in the model.
- Sections Tutorials. Learn how to create cross sections of your corridor design, calculate cut and fill earthwork quantities, and create mass-haul
- Material Calculation Tutorials. Learn how to calculate material quantities and generate reports, including earthworks reports, and mass haul diagrams.
- Pipe Networks. Learn how to create a pipe network using the specialized layout tools.
- Part Builder Tutorials. Learn how to design and model parts that are used in pipe networks.
- Labels and Tables Tutorials. Learn how to annotate AutoCAD Civil 3D objects using labels and tables.
- Plan Production Tutorials. Learn how to prepare your design drawings for plotting or publishing.
Each tutorial set contains exercises that are designed to explore the various features of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
The tutorial exercises are organized in a logical sequence, based on how you typically work with the different types of features.
However, you may complete the exercises in any order you choose. After you begin an exercise, you should complete the steps
in the order presented. The first steps provide you with the information you need for the later steps in that exercise.
All drawings used in these tutorials are available in the tutorials drawings folder and all source data files are available in the tutorial folder . If you want to save your changes to the tutorial drawings as you work, save them to the My Tutorial Data folder so that you do not overwrite the original tutorial drawings.
- Getting More Information
The step-by-step procedures in these tutorials provide instructions for using AutoCAD Civil 3D to complete tasks using the
- Setting Up the Workspace
Before you start the tutorials, you must set the appropriate workspace.
- Saving Your Tutorial Drawings
If you want to save your changes to the tutorial drawings as you work, you must create a folder in which to save drawing and
data files before beginning the tutorial exercises.