Why can't I sign in to Autodesk 360?
- If you see the error message, “Requested service not available”, confirm that you have an active Internet connection.
- If the system settings are correct, it may be a server issue. Wait a while and try again.
Why can't I watch videos without downloading them?
- Your browser may need the Adobe Flash Player to support the online viewing of some videos, such as MP4 files. Support for
different video formats varies among browsers. For example, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and Apple Safari natively support
MP4 videos, but Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera require Flash Player.
Why aren't items in shared folders shown in my search results?
- Currently, the Autodesk 360 cloud service can only search for shared items if they are in .
What can I do when I run out of storage space?
- Consider emptying your Autodesk 360 folder. Items stored in the folder count as part of your storage quota.
- Claim your storage space. If you are an Autodesk Subscription customer, you may be entitled to 25 GB of storage space. To
access all the storage space available to you, from Autodesk 360, in the upper-right corner, click your Autodesk ID name and choose . At the bottom of page, click . Follow the instructions.
How big can a document be and still be uploaded successfully to Autodesk 360 online storage?
- Currently we recommend uploading documents smaller than 2 GB for the best results.
How big can a document be and still be viewed successfully?
- Viewing documents stored in the cloud with a desktop web browser or on a mobile device depends on many factors. File size,
file complexity, and connectivity are some examples. We recommend viewing documents 15 MB or smaller for the best experience.
Why can't I view some of my DWF and DWFx files on Autodesk 360?
- The files may be protected. Such DWF and DWFx files can't be viewed on Autodesk 360. We recommend republishing an unprotected version of each file and uploading them again to see if that resolves the issue.
Why are RAAS files in my documents list?
- When you render a document or when a rendered document has been shared with you using Autodesk 360 Rendering, the rendered images are shown in your Autodesk 360 documents list as RAAS files. You can share your rendered images with your connections, as well as comment on them.
What is Autodesk Sync?
- Many Autodesk 2013 products include a desktop software component called Autodesk Sync. It enables you to open documents from and save documents to Autodesk 360 online storage from within the product.
Can I choose my own sync desktop location?
Why do I keep getting sync errors?
What is the Autodesk 360 drive?
- The Autodesk 360 drive is the desktop companion to the Autodesk 360 cloud service (for Mac, this is only supported with AutoCAD). It runs on the desktop as an application in the taskbar notification
area, and automatically syncs local documents with those stored in the Autodesk 360 cloud service. With the Autodesk 360 drive, you can control sync settings and leverage the convenience and power of Autodesk 360 to store and share documents without workflow interruption.
Why can't I find the Autodesk 360 drive on my computer?
- The Autodesk 360 drive is available only to customers who have Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2014 (Windows and Mac), Autodesk® Inventor® 2014 (Windows only), and Autodesk® Showcase® 2014 (Windows only).
What's the difference between signing out of and exiting the Autodesk 360 drive?
- Exiting stops the Autodesk 360 drive from syncing items with the Autodesk 360 cloud service. You can still see the items listed in Windows Explorer or the Finder. Signing out disconnects your Autodesk
Account from the desktop, enabling you or another person to sign in on the same computer.
Why do I have an folder in Autodesk 360?
- In AutoCAD options, when you select , AutoCAD creates the folder. Any drawing edited and saved in AutoCAD goes in this folder. Also, when dragging and dropping AutoCAD drawings to
the Autodesk 360 drive, AutoCAD puts the linked files into this folder to mimic your folder structure (not supported on Mac).
In Windows, why doesn't the Autodesk 360 drive behave like other folders?
Because it is used to sync documents and folders, the Autodesk 360 drive has some known differences:
- Folders that contain file types excluded from syncing show an action failed icon.
- New documents and folders, especially large ones, may not show immediately within the Autodesk 360 drive.
- For each new item added to the Autodesk 360 drive, your Autodesk ID name will show up in the column after the item has synced the first time.
- The context menu for a newly added item won't show the Share option until after the item has synced the first time and you
refresh the view in Windows Explorer.
- Single-clicking items to open them is not allowed in the Autodesk 360 drive.
- The Windows Explorer toolbar and context menus are limited.
- The file list defaults to the Details view.
What do the different Autodesk 360 drive icons mean in the taskbar notification area?
- Currently signed in.
- Action paused.
- Changes synced successfully.
- Changes not synced successfully.
- Product update available.
- Currently signed out.
- Spinning icon indicates sync in progress.
What do the different file status icons mean in the Autodesk 360 drive?
NoteThese icons are only supported in Windows at this time.
- Document sync in progress.
- Document synced successfully.
- Document cannot be synced.
- No status icon indicates an excluded file type that won't be synced.
Why can’t I view my Showcase presentation?
- The HTML presentation file created by some versions of Showcase may not be correctly linked to its accompanying files (for
instance, FLV and XML files). To avoid this problem, use Showcase 2013 SP4 or later to create presentations.