Freezes the layer of selected objects.
Objects on frozen layers are invisible. In large drawings, freezing unneeded layers speeds up operations involving display
and regeneration. In a layout, you can freeze layers in individual layout viewports.
List of Prompts
The following prompts are displayed.
Select an Object on a Layer to be Frozen
Specifies the layer to be frozen.
Displays settings for viewports and block definitions. The setting you choose persists from session to session.
Displays settings for viewports.
- Freeze. Freezes all objects in all viewports.
- Vpfreeze. Freezes an object in the current viewport only.
- Block Selection
Displays settings for block definitions.
- Block. If a selected object is nested in a block, freezes the layer of that block. If a selected object is nested in an xref, freezes
the layer of the object.
- Entity. Freezes the layers of selected objects even if they are nested in an xref or a block.
- None. If a block or an xref is selected, freezes the layer containing that block or xref.
Cancels the previous layer selection.