Turns off the layer of a selected object.
Turning off the layer of a selected object makes that object invisible. This command is useful if you need an unobstructed
view when working in a drawing or if you don’t want to plot details such as reference lines.
List of Prompts
The following prompts are displayed.
Select an Object on the Layer to be Turned Off
Selects one or more objects whose layers you want to turn off.
Displays the Viewports and Block Definition setting types. The setting you choose persists from session to session.
Displays the Viewports setting types.
- Vpfreeze: In paper space, freezes the layer selected in the current viewport.
- Off: In paper space, turns off selected layers in all viewports.
- Block Selection
Displays the Block Selection setting types, where you can freeze layers of selected objects.
- Block: Turns off the layers of selected objects. If a selected object is nested in a block, the layer containing that block is
turned off. If a selected object is nested in an xref, the layer of the object is turned off.
- Entity: Turns off layers of selected objects even if they are nested in an xref or a block.
- None: Turns off the layers of selected objects. If a block or an xref is selected, the layer containing that block or xref is
Cancels the previous layer selection.