When you prepare your drawing for output in paper space (on a layout), you typically step through the following process:
- Create a drawing or model in model space.
- Click a layout tab to access paper space.
- Specify layout page settings such as output device, paper size, drawing area, output scale, and drawing orientation.
- Insert a title block into the layout (unless you have started with a drawing template that already has a title block).
- Create a new layer to be used for layout viewports.
- Create layout viewports and position them on the layout.
- Set the orientation, scale, and layer visibility of the view in each layout viewport.
- Add dimensions and annotate in the layout as needed.
- Turn off the layer containing the layout viewports.
- Output your layout.
You can also use annotative objects if you want to annotate your drawing in model space and scale the annotations automatically.