Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2018 / AutoCAD LT® 2018 Readme
This readme contains important information for Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 and Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2018.
- It is recommended that you first install all Windows® operating system updates prior to installing the product.
- For Windows® 10 editions only 64-bit operation system is supported from this release.
DWGCONVERT, ETRANSMIT, and ARCHIVE Commands
- The ZIP option with the DWGCONVERT, ETRANSMIT, and ARCHIVE commands now creates UTF-8 ZIP files. This means that if you package drawings and other files that have names that include extended text font characters, the names will not display correctly if you use ZIP utilities that do not support UTF-8 format ZIP files. Use ZIP utilities such as 7-Zip to correctly display and extract these files.
DWG Format Update
- The DWG format has been updated to provide improvements in the efficiency of open and save operations, especially for drawings that contain many annotative objects and viewports. Additionally, 3D solid and surface creation now uses the newest geometric modeler (ASM) which provides improved security and stability.
- The Model Documentation feature is now supported only on 64-bit platforms.
- It is recommended that you use a 64-bit platform for computation-intensive rendering.
- Applications created for a previous release might need to be recompiled and tested due to a break in binary compatibility. (AutoCAD only)
- BMP files no longer support the color value 192,192,192 as a transparent color. Custom images that need to support transparency must now be saved as a PNG file.
- Help documentation is available online and is not automatically installed with the product. If you do not have continuous internet access and want to install Help locally with the product, you can start the Help installation at the end of the product installation. Alternatively, you can download offline Help from the product Help menu when you have an Internet connection.
- After installing offline Help, enter OPTIONS.
- In the Options dialog box, System tab, click or clear the option to switch automatically to online Help when it’s available.
Copyright ©2017 Autodesk, Inc.