Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2017 / AutoCAD LT® 2017 Readme
This readme contains important information for Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 and Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2017.
- It is recommended that you first install all Windows® operating system updates prior to installing the product.
DWGCONVERT, ETRANSMIT, and ARCHIVE Commands
- The ZIP option with the DWGCONVERT, ETRANSMIT, and ARCHIVE commands now creates UTF-8 ZIP files. This means that if you package drawings and other files that have names that include extended text font characters, the names will not display correctly if you use ZIP utilities that do not support UTF-8 format ZIP files. Use ZIP utilities such as 7-Zip to correctly display and extract these files.
OSMODE System Variable
- A bitcode setting of 1024 will turn on the GCEN osnap, the geometric centroid. Script files and LISP routines that previously used 1024 to clear all osnaps now need to use 0 instead.
- The Model Documentation feature is now supported only on 64-bit platforms.
- It is recommended that you use a 64-bit platform for computation-intensive rendering.
- Applications created for a previous release might need to be recompiled and tested due to a break in binary compatibility. (AutoCAD only)
- BMP files no longer support the color value 192,192,192 as a transparent color. Custom images that need to support transparency must now be saved as a PNG file.
- Help documentation is available online and is not automatically installed with the product. If you do not have continuous internet access and want to install Help locally with the product, you can start the Help installation at the end of the product installation. Alternatively, you can download offline Help from the product Help menu when you have an Internet connection.
- After installing offline Help, enter OPTIONS.
- In the Options dialog box, System tab, click or clear the option to switch automatically to online Help when it’s available.
Copyright ©2016 Autodesk, Inc.