Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2016 / AutoCAD LT® 2016 Readme
This readme contains the latest information for Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 and Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2016.
For reference, save or print this document.
It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you install this product.
- It is recommended that you first install all Windows® updates prior to installing the product.
DWG Convert, Etransmit, and Archive
- The ZIP option with the DWGCONVERT, ETRANSMIT, and ARCHIVE commands now creates UTF-8 ZIP files. This means that if you package drawings and other files that have names that include extended text font characters, the names will not display correctly if you use ZIP utilities that do not support UTF-8 format ZIP files. Use ZIP utilities such as 7-Zip to correctly display and extract these files.
Autodesk 360 Sync
- Before you reopen a file that you have saved and closed in Autodesk 360, allow additional time for the automatic sync feature to set the new path for linked files such as xrefs. If the repathing process is not complete, the drawing file will be locked when you open it, and you might get an error.
- The Design Feed palette might not update immediately after you save a drawing in Autodesk 360. To accelerate the save operation, right-click the Autodesk 360 icon on the Windows taskbar, and select Sync Now.
- A setting of 1024 will turn on the GCEN osnap, the geometric centroid. Script files and Lisp routines, that previously used 1024 to clear all osnaps, now need to use 0 instead. Bit-codes that include 1024 will enable the GCEN osnap.
- Referencing Point Clouds and Coordination Models in AutoCAD is supported only on 64-bit operating systems.
- Point Clouds and Coordination Models cannot be displayed in a 2D wireframe visual style or when hardware acceleration is turned off.
- Point Clouds cannot be viewed in a Windows remote desktop session. See the Autodesk ReCapTM Readme for more information.
- Rendering and Model Documentation are computation-intensive features, and it is highly recommended that you work with these on 64-bit operating systems.
- Product Help is available online and is not installed with the product by default. If you do not have continuous internet access and want to install Help locally with the product, you can start the Help installation at the end of the product installation. Alternatively, you can download offline Help from the product Help menu any time that you have an internet connection.
Copyright ©2015 Autodesk, Inc.