To alter your deployment by removing features
or restricting access to online resources, customize the configuration
of each product included in the deployment.
To create a custom deployment
- Start the AutoCAD Installation wizard.
- On the initial page, select a language
for the deployment instructions. Click Create Deployments.
- On the Begin Deployment page, specify
- Administrative Image Field. Enter
or locate the path to the shared network location where you want
to create and store your administrative image. Users install the
program from this location.
- Deployment Name Field. Enter the
new deployment's name. This name is used for the shortcut from which
users will install the product.
- This is to be a: Select
either 32-bit or 64-bit for your target operating system.
- On the Select the Products to Include
in the Deployment page, select the products, and language to include
in your deployment. Click Next.
- Review the Autodesk software license
agreement. Click I Accept, and then click Next.
- On the User and Product Information page,
enter your user information, serial number, and product key. Click
WarningAfter you click Next,
you cannot change the information entered on the this page unless
you uninstall the product.
- On the General Deployment Settings page
specify whether to
- Create a network log file. Specify the
log file’s location by entering either a valid UNC (universal naming
convention) path or a hard-coded path on your network.
NoteThe folder that contains
the network log file must be a shared folder for which users who
install the program have Change permissions. Otherwise, successes
or failures for user installations cannot be written to the log file.
- Create a client log file.
- Run the installation in silent mode to
prevent users from changing installation settings.
For more information
on log files, see
For more information on silent mode, see
What Is Silent Mode?.
- On the Create Deployments page, click
Configure to customize the product configuration.
the Select the License Type page, select Stand-alone or Network license,
and click Next.
- On the Select the Installation
Type page, specify the following:
- Installation Type. Select Typical
to install the most common application features. Custom to install
only the application features that you select from the Select Features
To Install list.
- Install Optional Tools. Specify
whether to install AutoCAD Express Tools Volumes 1-9 which contains
a library of productivity tools designed to help you extend the
power of AutoCAD.
- Product Install Path. Specify
the drive and location where you want to install the product.
the Select Installation Folders for Support Content page, choose
the location for your support content. For more information about
support file locations and options, see
Select Installation Folders
for Support Content.
the Define Search Paths and File Locations page, specify the necessary search
paths, file names, and file locations. Click Next.
WarningDo not remove the
DRV path. Always add paths as secondary paths.
the Install Additional Files page, specify the installation location
and the filesnames of any additional files you want to include in
the deployment. Click Next.
- On the Specify User Preferences page,
specify whether to display the Welcome Screen, whether to require
Internet Explorer, the default publish format, the default profile
name, and whether to create a desktop shortcut. Click Next.
- On the Include Service Packs page specify
whether to include any available service packs. The installer automatically
checks autodesk.com for available updates.
- On the Configure InfoCenter Communications
Center page, specify whether to allow users access to the latest
information and product discussions through live updates from Autodesk,
Information and CAD Manager channels, and RSS feeds. Click Next.
- On the Configure Access to Online Resources
page, you can set up access to online tools such as DesignCenter,
Subscription Center, and Online Help. You can also specify Customer
Error Reporting settings, and allow users to customize InfoCenter
searches. Click Next.
- On the Configuration Complete page, select
a product tab to configure another product, or click Configuration
Complete to review your settings.
- On the Create Deployment page, click
Create Deployment. To retain a copy of your deployment settings,
click Copy to Clipboard.
- On the Deployment Complete page, click