You share a directory
from the machine where the directory is located. This gives other
machines on your network access to that directory. The instructions
below are general. See your Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows
2000 documentation for details.
To share a directory:
- Go to the machine that contains the directory
you want to share.
- In Windows Explorer, right-click the
directory to share, and then choose Sharing from the right-click
- If using Windows XP or Windows 2000,
on the Sharing tab, choose the Share This Folder option.
- If using Windows NT4, on the Sharing
tab, select the Shared As option.
- Use the default Share Name.
- Click Permissions and make sure permissions
are set to Everyone/Full Control. Click OK to exit the Permissions
- Click OK to accept the changes.
NoteIf you plan to use
more than 10 rendering servers, both the output path and location
of all scene maps should be on a system running Windows XP or Windows
2000 Server, as both Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000 Professional
have a limit of 10 simultaneous connections.